Emergency room in Poinciana, Florida
At Poinciana Medical Center, our emergency room (ER) offers patients in the Greater Kissimmee area a range of emergency medical services. We offer short wait times and a welcoming environment for patients of all ages.
If someone is experiencing a medical emergency, call 911. For more information about our ER, call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (888) 253-8117.
Features of Poinciana ER
When emergencies occur, immediate medical care is essential. That's why we are proud to provide convenient emergency care for patients in Osceola and Polk counties.
Poinciana ER provides the following:
- 24-hour ER care
- 31 fully monitored treatment rooms
- A beautifully designed ER with a welcoming atmosphere
- An intensive care unit with six private beds
- Advanced emergency heart care and stroke treatment
- Board-certified emergency doctors
- Experienced staff members
- Kid-friendly emergency care
- Registered nurses
Emergency conditions we treat
Common emergency conditions we treat in our ER include:
- Diabetic emergencies
- Difficulty breathing and respiratory failure
- Head injuries
- Heart attacks
- High or persistent fevers
- Severe allergic reactions
- Severe infections
- Severe pain
Our ER's triage system
When patients arrive at our ER, they are triaged. This means that patients presenting severe injuries or serious conditions are seen before patients presenting less serious conditions.
ER wait times
For our patients' convenience, we share our ER wait times on our website. The ER wait time represents the time it takes a patient to see a qualified medical professional. ER wait times represent a four-hour rolling average and are updated every 30 minutes. Our ER wait times are approximate and provided for informational purposes only.